Once installed Openwrt on the router WR703N, we can install a GUI, to do the router configuration more easy.
If you don't have set a password yet, connect to the router with telnet, otherwise do it with ssh. In the case you didn't do it during the previous step, don't forget to set a password before rebooting.
- Connect the router WR703N to your home router by the mean of an ethernet cable, to establish a stable wired internet connection (Your Pc has to have access to your home router as well). Power the WR703N with the USB cable.
- Open Putty (on your Pc) and connect to your router WR703N with the IP 192.168.1.111
(Putty allows to copy by selecting the text with the mouse and past it by right clicking )
- Enter the following commands (each line following by enter)
opkg install luci
- To access the router, enter this IP 192.168.1.111 in your browser (connected to the same network as the router)
- Enter the root password:
- Click on the network tab.
- Click on the Wifi tab.
- Set your Wifi preferences (SSID, password, channel etc…)
Next step, to setup a 3G dongle Movistar (Huawei o Novatel).